Tuesday, January 13, 2009

it's been a funny week...

it's only tuesday and my week has already been very entertaining! yesterday when i was coming home from my staff meeting, i noticed a police car in my apartment building's parking lot. i was hoping there wouldn't be a crime scene or something (i'm just paranoid haha.. and have an active imagination :) i've still yet to see a hint of bad behavior on this island). about five minutes after i got into my place and settled in, there was a knock at my door. looking through the peep hole, i saw the police man! i opened the door, and of course he started rambling off in japanese.. can't help him there! he started laughing and said thank you and left.. thought that was the end of him. five minutes goes by and there is a knock at the door again.. guess who?? :) i open the door and there he is with his cell phone for me to take haha. a guy was on the other end of the line translating for the police officer.. he was just checking on the apartment complex and wanted to know who lived there, and wanted to see my id. that made things easier because my alien card has ALL my information on it for him.. where i work, live, birthday... all that jazz. so the guy hung up and the cop starts writing down my information.. says "teacher?" to me in english and gets excited when i say yes haha. then he doesn't understand what new life academy is, so he looks all through his uniform to find his phone again (that was an adventure haha) and i have to talk to the guy again to explain what new life academy is and where it is in okinawa. then the cop talked to the guy and he got very excited (he must have easily understood where it was haha).. wrote a few more things down.. bowed to me about seven times saying thank you.. and that was the end of the cop.. and the 1/2 hour conversation! haha.. it was a very funny moment :)

funny moment of today... at lunch the girls wanted me to sit with them. so while we're eating, i pull out my apple (whole apple, not sliced), bite into it, and all the girls look at me with wide eyes and start screaming!! they start saying that i'm going to die!! and why?? because i'm eating the peeling!! haha.. i became VERY curious because i did realize that when my kids bring apples for lunch, they are sliced and peeled. i told them that the peeling is good for you and it won't kill you.. then i asked why they think i'm going to die from eating the whole apple. and this is the reason ALL the girls told me... drum roll please.. from SNOW WHITE! :) no joke. since snow white was poisoned by a whole red apple, they NEVER eat the peel.. that is why they want it sliced and peeled haha. they were serious when they were telling me!!! i laughed and told them not to worry.. my apple wasn't poisoned by the evil queen :) then one of the girls goes around the table whispering to the other girls and they start giggling. i finally got it out of them haha.. ayana was telling the girls that now someone has to kiss me since i ate the apple.. just like in snow white! haha.. these kids certainly do have personality.. and i LOVE it! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg thats pretty dang funny

Greg Spencer said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I'm sure if I had an interesting life (well more interesting anyways) that I would probably have one too! Love this story by the way. Ok After reading most of this and seeing the pictures its official. I'm jealous of you! haha