Thursday, September 4, 2008

my God-spot

i'm sitting on my balcony looking at the moon and stars in the cloudless night sky and i feel so humble right now that God has placed me in this gorgeous place for year. one of my God-spots (place where i feel and see God's beauty the most and where i like to go to think about life) in the states was always at the beach, so i am feeling God constantly since i'm living on an island! i just feel so blessed right now to be at this place at this time in my life. i know i would not be here without God. with everything going on in life, i easily would have stayed home, but i knew God wanted me to be here. and sitting here right now, stars sparkling over my head and the ocean eye-view from my apartment, i feel an overwhelming reassurance that God is with me and watching over me.

i have to lead devotions tomorrow at our morning gathering before school, so i guess this is why all this is on my mind. i just want to let everyone know that i really appreciate all your prayers and notes of encouragment since i've been here. God gives me strength and courage to be a risk-taker and come to japan, but all your love gives me strength too :)

here are some pictures of gorgeous places that i have fallen in love with. enjoy!


transit cafe.. great food and gorgeous view! i literally could sit there for hours and get lost in the serene surroundings.



the ocean.. tranquility at its finest.

2 comments:

The Thalman Family said...

Wow Jason and I Loved Looking at the pictures from there! WE are keeping up on your travels! WE love it! Thinking bout you!
_THE THALMANS

Katie Shelton said...

Oh Rachel what a beautiful place! I'm happy you are doing so well!!