Friday, March 13, 2009

i'm baaaack!!

today i surprised my kids by coming back a day early to school from my three week hiatus. i wanted to stop by laura's room first to give her a big hug, and since i timed it right before lunch, half my kids were in her room because of reading buddies. i held back tears of joy as i walked into the room and all the kids looked at me with wide eyes and screams of excitement.. i've missed them soo much!! they all wanted to show me their surprise for me.. even though i already saw it since my door is straight across from the main doors haha.. but i played along. they put a "welcome back" banner on my door, and everyone signed it.. it was cute!! then i peeked my head into my room to see the rest of the first and fourth graders, which resulted in more screams and hugs. and they made me MORE cards haha.. they should be pros by now! :) it was nice to also meet my substitute.. she was really sweet and i was definitely blessed to have her! and it isn't a surprise that my kids were a little on the wild side the rest of the day. it's nice to know that it didn't take long for them to warm up to me again :)Hinako (a 4th grader) brought me flowers.. so pretty!!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Yay! I'm so glad you've made it back. That is so cute that your kiddos made you cards and such!

Hope your time at home was enjoyable. Wish I could have seen you a touch more, but it was a short amount of time!

Jason